- From September 1-30, donations to Give Aloha participating organizations will be accepted at checkout at all Foodland, Sack N Save and Foodland Farms stores statewide.
- Customers must use their Maika'i Card to make a donation, and can donate up to a cumulative total of $249 per person, per organization. Donations exceeding $249 per person, per organization will not be matched. Donations made without a Maika'i Card will not be matched. Individuals must use their own Maika'i Card to make a donation. Multiple donations on a Maika'i Card exceeding $249 for the same organization will not be matched.
- Customers who do not have a Maika'i account may establish one at checkout. Only one Maika'i account number is allowed per person.
- Foodland and the Western Union Foundation will match each donation up to a total of at least $300,000 for all organizations combined. If total customer donations exceed $300,000, the matching gift will be divided proportionately among all participating organizations.
- Membership dues, fees, tuition, and other payments for which goods and services are received in return are not considered "donations." These payments will not be matched.
- Donations in the form of cash, check or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and JCB) will be accepted. Donations must be made payable to Foodland, Sack N Save or Foodland Farms.
- The donation amount and name of the organization will appear on the customer's receipt.
- Donor names will not be released to organization.
- Donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
- Foodland reserves the right to refuse participation of any non-profit organization.
Announcements and Distribution of Gifts
Total gifts to organizations will be announced by October 13. Checks to organizations will be mailed out by October 31, 2017. Note: checks will be made out to the organization's name as printed on the organization's IRS determination letter.